Assessment and Reflect Rubric
|
|
1 (0-50%)
|
2 (51-70%)
|
3 (71-85%)
|
4 (86-100%)
|
|
Comprehension of Material Read
(CR9.6 – E, M)
|
Presenter showed minimal knowledge of the material
read.
|
Presenter was able to give little evidence of the
story’s plot, and had a couple mistakes from the story.
|
Presenter gave a description of the main parts of
the story, but had important information left out.
|
Presenter was able to show that they read the book,
and was able to give a detailed summary of the reading.
|
|
Introduction of Characters
(CR 9.6 – B)
|
Presenter gave little to no description of any
character.
|
Presenter gave little description of different
characters.
|
Presenter gave some descriptions of characters.
|
Presenter was able to give a detailed description of
some of the main characters of the story.
|
|
Teaching Style of Presentation
(CR 9.6 – A, C)
|
Presentation was not enthusiastic at all, and made
everyone fall asleep.
|
Presentation/presenter kept few students engaged.
Presenter had no desire to do presentation
|
Presenter was able to keep students engaged in
presentation, but not fully, completely engaged.
|
Presentation was engaging for all students. The
presentation was able to get input from students.
|
|
Preparation/ Organization of Presentation
(CR 9.6 – A)
|
Little/no presentation was given to the class room.
Presenter was unprepared. Presenter could not answer any questions from
instructor or students.
|
Little presentation was given to the classroom.
Presenter was unable to answer any questions that were asked from instructor
or students.
|
Presenter was able to give a presentation. There
were a few mistakes regarding the text. Presenter was unable to answer some
questions from instructor or students.
|
Presentation was well thought out, and had a good
rhythm and flow. Presenter was able to talk fluently throughout the
presentation. Presenter was able to answer all questions that were asked.
|
|
Connections to Presentation
(CR 9.6 – H, M)
|
Presenter did not make any connections to the
reading. Presenter did not care to do the assignment.
|
Presenter was able to make minimal connections
between the reading and modern day problems.
|
Presenter made some connections to modern day
problems. Some examples were given.
|
Presenter made connections to modern day problems.
Presenter was able to give specific examples of how problems are still
happening.
|
Outcomes and Indicators:
For my Assess and Reflect assignment I wanted to reflect my rubric based on the different things that I would like to be graded on: Introduction, Comprehension, Preparation, Presentation Style, and Connections. When I listen to book talks, I always want to hear a little bit from the book. I would like to know how the book starts off, and I would also like to hear a bit of a description of the characters that I would be reading about. Having an introduction of the characters is something that I enjoy, because knowing about the characters always put my perspective into theirs while I am reading.
The next area that I would like to be graded on is that the presenter is able to show that they were able to comprehend what was going on in the book. By giving a detailed summary of what happens in the novel is something every book talk should include. Being able to give a good outline of the different events that take place in the book is also a good way to show comprehension. Being able to comprehend a book also keeps you prepared for any kind of follow up questions that may occur during a presenter’s book talk.
The next thing that I would like to be graded on is preparation. When any kind of presentation is given, the presenter must be prepared for anything. Whether it is a follow up question or any kind of discussions that might happen, the presenter must be ready to have something ready to talk about when this may occur. Preparation will help keep the presentation running fluently, and will help the presenter feel ready for anything that might change. As we are all becoming future teachers, we all must learn that preparation is something that is learned, and is not something that we can take a chance on. I would like to be graded on preparation because it will help with fluency while I am teaching in different classes when I am doing my extended practicum, and will help me become an all-around better teacher.
Another thing I would like to be graded on is the style in which we present. When a presenter is able to keep students engaged, it shows that the presentation (or presenter) is doing a good job. Once again, seeing as we are becoming future teachers, I feel with presentations like these will help show that we are developing out teaching styles (or presenting styles). With this section, I would like to see if I am able to help keep the students of the class completely engaged in my presentation, rather than having everyone stare at their phones. The style of the presentation will help me see if I am ready to take charge of a classroom, or it will show me if I need to work on my presentation skills.
The last thing I would like to be graded on is making connections to the reading. Making personal connections is something that helps me understand what is going on in the reading. Whether it is making a connection to a character of the reading or making a connection to a situation of the reading, making a connection will help start discussions going in and out of the class. Making connections to the books is also a good way to comprehend situations that are going on in the novel.
My rubric is made into a 4 choice rubric because when a rubric is out of 3 or out of 5, it is always too easy to choose a number in the middle.
Great choices and a well prepared rubric, Jacob. Thank you for sharing it with the class and supporting us through modelling and sharing your work. See your assessment (sent in email) for specific feedback. Your reflection portion is a 10/10!
ReplyDelete